Personal Injury FAQ

  1. How long do I have to file a claim? If you’ve been injured in an accident, you have a limited amount of time to take action. These laws vary from state to state and are known as statutes of limitations.That’s why it’s important to take action fast to ensure your rights are protected. Contact Daniel Stark today to find out how the statute of limitations could impact your potential claim.
  2. Is your insurance company one of the worst? The American Association for Justice conducted an investigation to identify the “10 Worst Insurance Companies” and how they: 
    • raise premiums,
    • deny claims,
    • and refuse insurance to those who need it most.
  3. What should I do after an accident? Following a few simple steps after your accident may help to protect your rights and win your case. 
    • Talk to the police. Get a copy of the police report and the name and badge number of the officer at the scene of the accident. This information can help your case.
    • Collect the facts. If possible, gather the contact information of anyone who was involved in or witnessed your accident.
    • Get the other party’s insurance information.
    • Draw or describe the accident scene. Include the lane of travel and other factors at the time of the accident.
    • Visit your doctor. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible after an accident. Symptoms can take time to surface.
  4. Who should I talk to after an accident? For most of us, the first thing we want to do after an accident is get on the phone or computer and let people know what happened. An accident is a very social experience for many people, but it shouldn’t be. These are the people you should and shouldn’t talk to after your wreck.  You Should Talk To:
    • Your lawyer Fill out a free initial consultation form or call or text us toll free at (800) 474-1233.
    • Your Insurance Company Call your insurance company to let them know you had an accident. Takes notes during your conversation.
    • Your Doctor It’s important to see your doctor and document injuries, symptoms, and your recovery.
    • The Police Contact the police after your accident to obtain a police report.
    You Shouldn’t Talk To:
    • Their Lawyer Never talk to the other party’s lawyer without talking to someone who represents your interests first.
    • Their Insurance Company Your words can come back to haunt you and can hurt your chances of getting the fair treatment you deserve.
    • Social Networks Pictures and posts about your accident or the aftermath of your accident can be used against you.
    • Your Friends and Co-Workers Until your case is settled, it’s best to keep your accident details quiet.
    Following these guidelines gives you the best chance of a positive outcome. That’s some good news that you can share with your friends.
  5. When should I get medical treatment? Your first priority after an accident is getting well, but medical costs can add up quickly. It’s important to follow these steps to make sure you get fair treatment: 
    • See your doctor. Make it a priority to see your doctor immediately after your accident. Some symptoms take time to show themselves.
    • Take notes. Keep detailed notes about your symptoms, treatment, and recovery. Careful documentation can come in handy in the courtroom.
    • Keep receipts. Collect receipts for medications, treatments, doctor visits, and bills for normal services you needed, such as mowing the lawn and house care. You may be reimbursed for these expenses.
  6. What forms and deadlines should I be aware of? You’ve got enough to worry about after an accident. Daniel Stark knows what forms you need to fill out, where to get them, and when they are due. 
    • Police Report A police report contains important information about the nature of your accident and the other driver’s insurance information. You can get a copy of the police report from an officer at the scene of the accident or later at the police station.
    • Crash Report Texas law requires that a crash report be completed if an accident results in injury or death, or the vehicle’s damage is greater than $1,000. You are responsible for completing this form within 10 days of the accident if an officer does not complete one at the scene.
    • Claim Form A claim form is used to notify the insurance company of your claim for damages. This form will include details about your injuries and damages. Your attorney can complete and submit this form for you.
    • Statute of Limitations The Statute of Limitations varies from state to state and dictates the amount of time you have to take legal action after an accident. Learn more about the Texas Statute of Limitations.
    Get the fair treatment you deserve. Let us take care of these forms and deadlines for you.
  7. What happens when I hire Daniel Stark? When you choose Daniel Stark, you hear from us every 15 days so you always know what’s ahead of you. Here are some other things you can expect while we handle your case: 
    • Demand Package Your lawyer will create a demand package, which describes your injuries, damages, and how your life has been affected, and send it to the defendants to begin negotiating your settlement.
    • Negotiation During negotiation, your lawyer will contact you to keep you informed about what your case is worth and update you on any offers from the defendants.
    • Settlement or Litigation If the defendants make an offer that you are willing to accept, your lawyer can settle your case out of court. If not, we will discuss some options with you and pursue a path that will get you the best results.
    You should know what to expect from our law firm after your accident. If you want a Texas injury lawyer on your side who believes communication is key, call or text us today.
  8. Do I have a property damage claim? Whether your car was damaged in an accident or your personal property was damaged by fire, smoke, wind, water, vandalism, or theft, these are a few things you need to know about property damage claims. 
    • Injury vs. Property Damage Claims for property damage are typically considered differently than personal injury claims, especially in cases caused by willful destruction or negligence.
    • Liability Coverage Liability coverage is required in all 50 states for motor vehicles. Your insurance company should pay for repair and labor costs, new parts, valuables lost in your car, and damages to the other car.
    • Protect Your Claim If your car is damaged in an accident, it’s important to take pictures of your vehicle and keep any record of repairs or costs associated with the accident (such as hiring a tow truck).
    Insurance companies don’t play fairly, and that’s why you need Daniel Stark. Find out how our Austin, Bryan, Waco, and Killeen personal injury lawyers can help you.
Daniel Stark has the resources and experience to take on the large corporations and insurance companies. You need someone you can trust on your side. Simply complete a free initial consultation form or call or text us toll free at (800) 474-1233.

We’re the Best Team in the Country and We’ve Got Your Back!

Tell Us Your Unique Story Now

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.